Random Thought #452: Our obsession with "More"

What is the deal with the modern American obsession with more? I give you, as evidence, the Milky Way bar. I'm not a big candy person. I'm not a big chocolate lover. But I do occasionally enjoy a good Milky Way. Today, however, I noticed that it wasn't as good as usual. Hard to eat, even. I looked at the package and knew instantly what the problem was:
"more caramel in every bite!"
Why more? The original had the perfect ratio of chocolate, nougat, and caramel. Now -- it's a sticky, overly sugared mess. (Don't even get me started on how hard it is to find a regular sized bar, rather than "king size!") Thanks a lot, Mars! Thanks for ruining a small island of happiness in a busy mother's day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

The Story of Us