WFMW Thank you!

I occasionally pop over to "Works for Me Wednesday" hosted by Rocks in My Dryer. It's a good place to get tips on just about everything from spot removal on carpet to recipes to parenting. Yesterday I found this awesome idea for grilled pizza. We dubbed it "Pizza Rustica" and, in the words of My Sweetie, it is possibly the best pizza we've ever eaten!

First I made the dough in my breadmaker. It was 1/4 whole wheat and the rest unbleached white flour - more gluten makes better pizza crusts, I've found. I added a dash of Herbes de Provence to the dough. (You could used frozen bread dough, too, if you're not into making your own.)

I divided the dough into six individual pizzas. (As the author of this recipe says, smaller is better on the grill.) Don't worry about shape - it's rustic! We brushed one side of the crust with olive oil, and put on a medium heat grill.
When that side looks done, flip it and top it! We used traditional sauce, pepperoni, and cheese for the kids. For our pizzas, we drizzled more olive oil and topped with more Herbes de Provence, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes, and asiago cheese. Yum!
Close the lid and let it grill for a few more minutes, then enjoy. Thanks, Aubrey!

Comments

Aubrey said…
Yummo. Looks good. Next time we'll definitely be using homemade dough. And mushrooms - another good addition. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I might have to start calling it "pizza rustica," too - that's a great name.

Thanks for the link!
Cathy said…
Definitely trying that! Thanks for the "recipe"! We love artichoke hearts and spinach on pizza!
Melissa Lester said…
Yum! My crew would love that, as pizza is probably the only meal that gets universal approval from all the children!

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

The Story of Us