Welcome

Well, here I am! I finally entered the world of blogdom. I used to think blogging was an arrogant way to make sure everyone knows your opinion is the right one. But after discovering that lots of Moms Like Me have blogs as a way of keeping in touch with friends, making new ones, and letting off some creative steam... well, I decided to give it a try!

The title of my blog comes from an old poem Elisabeth Elliot, one my heroes, is fond of quoting. Enjoy!

Do The Next Thing
"At an old English parsonage down by the sea,
there came in the twilight a message to me.
Its quaint Saxon legend deeply engraven
that, as it seems to me, teaching from heaven.
And all through the hours the quiet words ring,
like a low inspiration, 'Do the next thing.'

Many a questioning, many a fear,
many a doubt hath its quieting here.
Moment by moment, let down from heaven,
time, opportunity, guidance are given.
Fear not tomorrow, child of the King,

trust that with Jesus, do the next thing.

Do it immediately, do it with prayer,
do it reliantly, casting all care.
Do it with reverence, tracing His hand,
who placed it before thee with earnest command.
Stayed on omnipotence, safe 'neath His wing,
leave all resultings, do the next thing.

Looking to Jesus, ever serener,
working or suffering be thy demeanor,
in His dear presence, the rest of His calm,
the light of His countenance, be thy psalm.
Do the next thing."

Comments

Mike Tant said…
Jen,

Welcome to the world of "Blogdom" - it can be a fearsome place. I love the poem. Thanks for reminding me about it and its sage advice. Love you!
Kate said…
Jen Jen Jen! What fun! I look forward to reading your posts. :)
Alycia said…
Welcome to the blogworld! I just clicked over from Kate's place. I just started blogging a month ago and I have met some wonderful women! I am also a homeschooler and we have three children. We are stationed in Okinawa Japan (military family). Enjoy your journey ~ that was a beautiful poem!
Thanks, Alycia! I'll have to pop over and visit your blog, too!
60 toes said…
Jennifer,
Welome to the world of Blog. I too am new to this. I have found it to be a lot more fun than I was expecting.

I am not a homeschooling family but I have three kids and I also a recovering perfecionist.

Welcome, I look forward to learning more about you.

-C
Kate said…
Oh Char, you will have to give sweet Jen some good advice on how to let go of being a perfectionist! All in good fun of course! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

Design Inspiration