Dressing up a t-shirt...

A friend on Facebook posted this brilliant video on 25 ways to tie a scarf. At the end, you can click the thumbnail of your favorite and get a tutorial. Love! (If you're like me, you have a bunch of scarves folks have given you as gifts. Now go grab one, put on your fave plain black tee, and get to work!)
Now, anyone who knows me is aware of the fact that I'm NOT a fashionista. Like every mom, I'm busy - comfort and practicality determine most of my wardrobe. That doesn't mean I don't want to look pretty and feminine. I like to think of my style as cute-chubby-feminine-casual. ;-) By taking advantage of the pretty scarves I've collected, I can wear the comfy white tee AND look "put together." How easy is THAT?

Here I am sporting the "DIY Infinity" (photo creds to 17yo son S)
Since it's rainy, my go-to cute flannel flats are out. And clearance boots from Tarjay are in. (a size bigger b/c they didn't have my size in the clearance style. Fabulous AND Frugal.)
Completed with the "messy ponytail" picked up from this cute blog. (yikes! pardon the gray hairs - I don't usually see my own head from this point of view. :-o )

Now... off to homeschool and carpool, but with my own little dash of sunshine and a merry heart!

Comments

Wendy said…
Great minds think alike!

PS - I love the yellow! My favorite color!
Kate said…
awwww, so presh! you look adorable!! i love scarfs - easiest way to look fashionable and cute!! i love yellow too!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

Design Inspiration