Overheard

(I see A (4) rolling the pizza cutter all over the open dishwasher instead of doing his chore: unloading silverware)
Me: A, you need to quit playing around and finish your chores.
A: Well, I want to, but my brain is just making me silly!
Me: Your brain is going to get your bottom in trouble, so you need to put that away and get finished!
A: Oh, I'm remembering how to do my chores now!

"Hey, Mom! I did 43 jumps in a row using the crutch as a pogo stick!" 14yo S, who along with 12yo C has been inventing new uses for old crutches. pogo stick and stilts top the list. I just close the door to their basement room and pretend I know nothing. :)

Go visit Mary for more Tiny Talk Tuesday

Comments

Kate said…
It sounds like they might need the "pogo stick" again... in the form of crutches. Yes, shutting the door is always best. I'm with you on the it is better not to watch philosophy.

Kate
Jennifer Shand said…
I love the "my brain is making me silly" - very cute!
Mary@notbefore7 said…
Closing the door - a WISE idea ;)
Wendy said…
Stop by my blog when you get a chance, I wanted to let you know.
That conversation is SO like A! What a brain!

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

Tiny Talk Tuesday