Overheard

"Mom - Kisses can dry off!" 4yo A. announced out of the blue last Saturday morning. I think he was explaining why he needed another one.

"Wait - is this a cautionary tale?" 12yo C said with a smile while I was reading Storytime with the Millers the other day at lunch. I almost couldn't continue reading because I was laughing so hard.

"Mommy, can I have a nutcracker?" 2yo K asking for her favorite morning snack - a graham cracker.

"See, mama! See?! She hurt she-self!" K trying to show me the owie on her dolly's leg. For some reason, "she" is her all-purpose pronoun these days.

"Hey, Mom - I think we can safely say I have the biggest feet in the house!" 12yo C's recent proclamation, which happens to be true.

"Sometimes I just need to get out of the house!" 14yo S, after an especially difficult time babysitting The Littles. This is why he'll be spending some time interning with his Dad at work next year. Time to start spreading his wings a little bit.

Go visit Not Before 7 for some more Tiny Talk Tuesday.

Comments

Mary@notbefore7 said…
OH my...getting big enough to need his own "breaks". *sigh

I can't believe there is a child with the biggest feet! WOW!
jennifer h said…
Our oldest has the biggest feet in our house.

Funny that K is using "she." I have always noticed overuse of "her" and using it incorrectly until about 7 yo. Maybe K will get her feminine pronouns right sooner than most!

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

Design Inspiration