Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thankful


Thanksgiving

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
-I Thessalonians 5:18

I'm a little late with a "Thanksgiving" post, but I wanted to pause before Advent begins and reflect on the Lord's bountiful goodness to us. The poem above sums it up - we had each of those things in abundance: days the Lord made for us to enjoy and glorify Him; shelter in the form of my Mom's house in Tennessee; good health and good food (yum!); the love of over 20 family members gathered into one big noisy, joyful bunch - "blessings all mine with ten thousand beside. Great is Thy Faithfulness!"

6 comments:

Kate said...

Amen! Indeed, so much to be thankful for!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Never too late to give Thanks! Great words spoken. That poem just sums it up.

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed your post today! What's all the rush about, anyway? I find myself getting caught up in it. It's wonderful to continue that pause a little while longer, to continue to consider what we have before we begin to think of what we need. Thanks for the reminder.

my4loveys said...

I'm so glad you have a wonderful time. Yes, we have soooo much to be thankful for!

Janice said...

Great post as always. I'm so thankful for you guys - your friendship especially!

Kate said...

great day alive- that picture is sweet! ;)