Still trying to get the hang of it...


"Must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays." - Arthur Dent in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

For some reason, that has been the case many a Thursday this school year. I think I'm still learning to adapt my homebody temperament to the day-school lifestyle, while still juggling two homeschoolers and one preschooler. By Thursday, the treadmill seems to speed up, just as my reserves feel depleted. This week is no different. But as end-of-year things begin to pile on, and my strength wavers, God, who is rich in mercy, sends a reminder that His "grace all-sufficient shall be my supply."

Our solitary, neglected climbing rose bloomed this week, and the Little Ones delighted themselves by plucking nearly every bloom and presenting them to me. As I placed them in the kitchen window, my courage returned and I felt I had just enough in me to do the next thing. (The dirty window in the photo above provides humility and protection from the Martha Stewart Pedestal of Perfection.)

Now ... onward and upward to science fair projects, elementary art galleries, Shakespeare showcase, baby showers, out-of-town company, field day, family birthdays, ballet recital, and so on....

Comments

Mike Tant said…
Have you finally read "Hitchhikers"? So much subtle wisdom!
oh, Dad! I read it 3 or 4 years ago and LOVED it! Not so much the movie, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

The Story of Us