Shutter speeds, F/stops, and Aperture, oh MY!

I've had a Nikon D40 for over 2 years now. My sweet sweet WONderful brother-in-law bought it for me - and I told him from the beginning it was a better camera than I deserve!

The picture in that last post just proves that I'm not using this puppy to its fullest potential. I love using natural light and turning off the flash - but if there's too much of that natural light, the pics end up all washed out. It's bothered me for-EV-er and I've decided to do something about it!

Before I resort to using my cell phone's camera to take all my pictures, I'm reading the manual for the camera (finally -ha!) and watching some Y*u T*be videos on tips & tricks. If any of you guys have a D40, or some other SLR digital camera, I'd be interested to hear any tips you have for settings, lenses, composition, etc.

Thanks!

Comments

Wendy said…
I have a Canon SLR and have so much to learn on it. I know it is capable way beyond what I have been doing with it. :)

Good luck and if you get any good tips, please share.

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

The Story of Us