Random Thoughts

--Be careful with your camera's memory card! I had an SD card disaster this week and lost a bunch of pictures. Lessons learned: 1. don't delete pics from the card using Windows - do it on the camera; 2. get some prints once in a while and back the dern thing up before you have 500 pics piled up!

--In other "tech" news: our kids truly are more tech savvy than we. A (4), in a wise-in-his-own-eyes attempt to turn on a Sp*der-M*an cartoon, ordered Fre*d Cla*us on demand for $4.99! Not my first choice for movie night w/ my Sweetie, but we weren't going to let 5 bucks go to waste.

--Christmas decor and baking ... am I the only one who struggles with frustration at the huge mess being festive makes? I love doing Christmas-y things with the family, but it takes motivation to stay jolly while working overtime. ;-)

--Check out the Samaritan's Purse Gift Catalog . We're letting our kids choose one item from the catalog to earn money for by doing extra chores. It's a great way to be charitable and get the kids involved - and give them a heart for the nations.

--A great quote: "The Son of God became a man so that men could become sons of God."C.S. Lewis. (Thanks to my dear friend, Wendy, for supplying the quote.)

Comments

Mary@notbefore7 said…
Hey girl. Glad you liked Fr*d Cl**s. I am not a huge fan of Vin*e Va*ghn usually - isn't he in that? He tends toward the vulgar, but hopefully keeps in clean for Christmas, huh? Maybe I'll rent it one night for some Christmas cheer :)

Sorry to hear about the SD card. UGH! TEchnology - the enemy and friend - all at once, huH?
Mary@notbefore7 said…
Hey girl. Glad you liked Fr*d Cl**s. I am not a huge fan of Vin*e Va*ghn usually - isn't he in that? He tends toward the vulgar, but hopefully keeps in clean for Christmas, huh? Maybe I'll rent it one night for some Christmas cheer :)

Sorry to hear about the SD card. UGH! TEchnology - the enemy and friend - all at once, huH?
Andrea said…
Love the quote, don't love the overtime of the 'festivities.' I have boxes out and food on the counter (waiting to be baked) and bags of crafty thingies that I thought would not still be bothering me. *sigh*
And then, who has time to blog?
:-D

Andrea
Jennifer said…
We say something frequently in the Orthodox Church, and it's seen depicted in our icons.

"God became man so that man might become God."

This is shown in the icons of Christ and the Theotokos (Mary, mother of God). Christ is seen clothed in blue (heavenly), and underneath he wears red (blood). Mary, however, is clothed in red (blood), and underneath blue (heavenly).

I saw Fred Claus. I thought it was an adorable movie. But I didn't like that they changed the lyrics for Silent Night at the end of the movie. They cut out "Christ our Savior is Born." That irked me a bit.
Melissa Lester said…
Just stopping in to say merry Christmas! I hope it was a great one!

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschool Giveaway!

Dinner on a Thursday

The Story of Us